Applying for an EEA residence permit visa for the UK entitles EEA nationals and their dependants to the right of residence. Right of residence under European Community law gives EEA nationals and their dependants the right to live and work in the UK.

A permit of this kind will entitle its holder to work in Britain, accept offers of work, start a business, manage a company, or set up a local branch of a company. These privileges may be undertaken without the need for a UK work permit.

If you wish to bring your spouse or common-law partner to join you in the United Kingdom, Knightsbridge Solicitors can help at every stage of the process. As a specialist UK Law firm, we can provide expert immigration lawyer advice and help you embark upon the best route for your needs.

How Knightsbridge Solicitors Can Help

As a specialist UK Law firm, Knightsbridge Solicitors can assess your needs and help you to obtain the most appropriate UK immigration service for you. An immigration Lawyer will be able to guide you throughout the visa application process.

Living and working in the UK under a permit of this kind allows you to undertake employment without the need for a UK working permit. Unlike UK work permits, an EEA residence permit application is made by the individual rather than by a sponsoring company in the United Kingdom. As a result, no specific offer of employment is required, although you may not be granted a permit of this kind if you are coming to the country just to look for work.

In addition, unlike the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme or HSMP visas for EEA residents of this kind do not require applicants to reach a threshold on a points based system. So long as you are a member of an EEA member country and you can support yourself and any dependants whilst in Britain, this type of visa for immigration to the UK provides a straightforward route to living and working in Britain.

In order to be eligible for this type of UK visa service, you will need to be a dependant of a European Union citizen.

Holders of EEA residence permits do not have to work while in the country, however they do need to be able to support themselves without recourse to public funds.

As a specialist immigration Law firm, Knightsbridge Solicitors can provide immigration legal advice and assistance throughout the visa application service and can ensure that the needs of our clients are met.

Read more about Immigration here

Call us now on 0115 824 1700 or Leave us a Message